Services CPE courses for audit departments
Short presentations for conferences and meetings
Log of recent training done
List of publications and courses developed
Larry Hubbard offers training and consulting services to internal auditors. Larry conducts his own
CPE courses for audit departments, validates and performs
Quality Assurance Reviews (QAR's) for compliance with the International Standards for
Internal Auditing, and offers consulting services. Through The Institute of
Internal Auditors Larry can provide any of
risk and control seminars on-site for your audit team. In association with
Risk Management Advisory Services, Larry is an approved vendor of Quality Assurance Reviews for Commonwealth of Virginia
state agencies and university audit departments.
Larry's Internal Audit Checkup
Why not do something better than a QAR? Bring Larry on-site to improve your audit process by sharing ideas,
experiencing survey- and workshop-based self assesssments, discussing state-of-the-art audit techniques,
getting CPE and satisfying Standard 1312 all at the same time.
Click here for Larry's IA Checkup!
Larry Hubbard & Associates has a strategic partnership with Business
Automation Consultants, LLC to market and present seminars and perform consulting work. That
partnership allows both organizations to expand their training courses and consulting capabilities.
Listed below are some of the consulting services I can provide. Please contact
me for more information.
Quality assurance reviews
Control and Risk Self-Assessment (CSA, RSA) implementation
CSA and RSA workshops
Facilitation skills training
Internal audit policy development
Best practice comparisons
Presentation skills training and coaching
Enterprise risk management (ERM) services
Coaching for new audit directors
Larry's Cheat Sheets
I have also developed a set of Larry's Cheat Sheets that contain everything
you need to know about selected audit topics. I update
these all the time, so contact me to get the most up-to-date ones.
Before I come on-site, you should know some things about my audit views. These are at the core of all
- Management controls are things managers put in place to help workers do the right things.
- Setting objectives is one of the most basic management controls.
- Internal control frameworks, like COSO and COBIT, are for auditors.
- There's no such thing as a "good audit finding".
- The best audit report is no audit report - as in, Everything Was OK!
- Everything internal auditors do should help reduce the need for
- Recommendations don't add value. Implementation does.
- Consulting is about improving process flow; auditing is about finding controls in process flow.
- People doing the work always know more than those reviewing their work.
- In the future, great auditors must be great facilitators.
I also believe training should be fun!
Want to know why I believe these things? Give me a call.
- Participants learn more when it is fun.
- Fun makes everyone more creative.
- Having fun is good for auditors.
- Boring training is really boring!